Reduce What You Can, Offset What You Can't

PlanetShoes.comAccording to Carbonfund.org, only 40% of the average American’s carbon footprint is due to their direct energy use. The other 60% is indirect; it comes from everything we buy and use. We know you love the quality and selection available at PlanetShoes.com – and we’re so happy we have the opportunity to share all of our great brands with you! – but getting those shoes, bags and other accessories from our warehouse to your home takes a real toll on the environment. A 5-pound package shipped by air across the country creates 12 pounds of CO2. Yuck.

What to do?!

In the words of Carbonfund.org: Reduce What You Can, Offset What You Can’t.™

When shopping at PlanetShoes, we hope you’ll do your part by selecting CarbonFree® Shipping. This shipping option uses ground transportation, which cuts the CO2 produced from the shipment of a 5-pound package down to just 3 ½ pounds. Plus, the nominal fee charged is actually a donation to Carbonfund.org! This donation offsets the carbon emissions that result from the shipment of your order and supports renewable energy, energy efficiency and reforestation projects globally that reduce carbon dioxide emissions and the threat of climate change. It feels good to go green.

Special Offer! For the entire month of April, get 1500 BONUS Planet Rewards points when you opt for CarbonFree® Shipping. That’s a $10 value! Not a Planet Rewards Member yet? Enroll now for free.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Last updated by at .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>