Summer technically doesn’t end for another month or so, but we’re already feeling bittersweet about fall’s approach. We’ve spent the summer reveling in the deliciousness that comes along with sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, crisp greens, fresh watermelon radishes, hearty zucchini, and zesty snap peas – and we aren’t yet ready for that to end.
Of course, we can’t forget that fall gives us some amazing produce, too. Sweet corn is substituted by sweet butternut squash; juicy tomatoes find a partner in fall pears; the fresh, crisp properties of greens and radishes are easily translated to scrumptious apples. While it’s always sad to see summer go, we can’t help but be excited for the prospect of these delicious autumnal displays of hearty, mouth-watering flavor.
But for now – we want to make the most of the fresh produce we have at our fingertips during the end of August and early September. Raw eating is at its absolute best during these warm months, when you aren’t searching for steaming soups and roasted vegetables to keep you warm. Rather, summer is a great time to enjoy fruits and vegetables in their purest form: raw.
At the same time, summer produce is super versatile (which is why we love it). Thrown on the grill or into the oven on cooler days, local produce shines with flavorful delight.
To help make the most of all the summer season has to offer, we’ve found some delicious recipes to quench your warm-weather appetite. They span the markets of raw, cooked, and grilled, to help you enjoy all your favorite summer fruits and veggies in a wide variety of ways.
Of course, all these recipes aren’t just filled with flavor – they’re filled with vitamins and minerals that will make your heart (and the rest of your body!) sing with glee. Take advantage of these nutrients while they’re in-season, and give your body the nourishment it deserves.
Enjoy one of these recipes this Labor Day weekend and let us know how much you adore them! Hopefully you’ll be cooking these babies for many summers to come.
- No-Bake Sweet Pea Enchiladas from Love and Lemons
- Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder from Crazy Vegan Kitchen
- Green Goddess Quinoa Summer Salad from Pinch of Yum
- Summer Celebration Tart from My New Roots
- Grilled Peach and Halloumi Skewers with Basil Jalapeño Sauce from Naturally Ella
Autumn is an absolutely beautiful season. With the gorgeous changing leaves ablaze with color, the cooling temperatures, the light breeze, and the consistent sunshine, fall is a time when the world becomes a little bit happier.
We’d like to encourage you to embrace your carefree side this fall. While autumn means the beginning of the school year, perhaps moving to a new home, or prioritizing a bit of extra cleaning for the winter ahead, it doesn’t have to be a stressful time. By staying mindful of the beauty that surrounds you – and doing your best to make the most of it – you can find ways to truly enjoy fall in all its gorgeous glory.
This autumn, let the seasonal road take you where it wants to. Let spontaneous adventures guide your way through fall, never saying no to a date with a friend, casual exploratory walk in the park, or coffee with a stranger. You never know what these adventures might bring.
Enjoy the outdoor beauty that surrounds you with slow walks and cheery excursions. And while you’re at it, ensure that you stay comfortable and carefree in the best way by wearing a great pair of foot-loving flats.
Casual flats are the ultimate fall shoe for their wearability, durability, and the ability to slip them on at a moment’s notice. Earth shoes are some of our favorites. Known for their intensely comfortable footbed, arch support, straps to hold in your feet with ease, and eco-friendly mission, Earth flats are guaranteed to be one of your best companions this fall.
Find your perfect pair today – and let us know how much you adore them! Tag us in your best Instagram photos at @earthbrands.
You deserve to sit back and relax this weekend – particularly with your significant other. Studies show that spending quality time with loved ones can have some serious health benefits, including increased longevity and a lower stress. Not only that, laughing and smiling with your favorite people is seriously relaxing and can set a tone of happiness for the whole week through.
Tonight, spend some beautiful quality time with your significant other and cook a meal together. Creating a meal side by side is a great mechanism for bonding, an inexpensive way to enjoy each other’s company, and can seriously improve your cooking skills. It’s also a blast – not only do you get to cook together, but you get to eat your masterpiece together, too!
Of course, not all of us have the benefit of master chef skills at our disposal. Even if you aren’t the best cook in the world, we promise that cooking together will be a fun way to learn a few extra talents. Instead of trying to create a delicious meal from scratch, however, begin your journey with a recipe. Food bloggers from around the blogosphere have created a wide variety of recipes for you to choose from. Using the internet also allows you to search for recipes that take dietary preferences into account. Whether you and your significant other are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or simply prefer to eat particular ingredients, chances are there are hundreds of food bloggers out there who have created and tested a recipe that’s perfect for you.
We’ve decided to jumpstart your search by putting together a few healthy, veggie-filled recipes to help you and your partner feel good. They’re all simple, perfect for two, and chock full of vitamins and nutrients to jumpstart your week of healthy eating down the right path. And of course, they’re absolutely delicious!
Try one of these recipes tonight and let us know how your cooking date goes.
Summer isn’t even close to over yet – we still have weeks before the official start of fall. But with school coming back in session in early September (only three weeks!), it’s time to take a look back at your goals for this summer.
How many fun activities did you cross off your list? Did you visit the beaches you wanted to get to? Did you see that play you were dying to watch, or take a trip to the local museum? No matter what was on your summer to-do list, we hope you were able to accomplish at least some (and perhaps the majority!) of your most enjoyable goals.
Still tapping away at those must-dos? Not to fret – there’s still time! Already crossed them all off your list? Add some more fun summertime activities! If you live in a seasonal climate like we do, now is the time to make the most of the warm weather before it departs. So what summer activities can you add to your list that you’ll regret not doing once the cold sets in?
- See a drive-in movie
- Catch fireflies in the backyard, then set them free
- Build a sandcastle
- Go berry picking
- Enjoy company around a campfire
- Make cocktails out of fresh summer fruits (watermelon, berries)
- Grill something new (peaches are delicious!)
- Have a picnic in your local park
- Grab a blanket and see an outdoor concert
- Pick your own bouquet
- Follow the food and take a last-minute road trip to a new restaurant
- Sit on the porch and turn your seashell collection into garland or other décor
- Plant an herb garden
- Do an outdoor volunteer project, like cleaning up a local park
- Train for a half marathon
- Rent a pontoon boat for a day
- Turn off the TV for a whole week/month
- Grill a cocktail
- Make ice cream from scratch
What activities are still hanging out on your summer bucket list? We’d love to hear your ideas!
When it comes to daily workouts, we’re all about efficiency. We know that you lead a busy life with consistent, competing priorities, and the faster you can get an awesome, effective workout in, the better. While we love going on long runs or bike rides to relax, oftentimes during the week busy schedules make building up strength as quickly as possible the ultimate goal.
Luckily, burning calories and building muscle don’t need to take hours on end. By making your time at the gym more efficient, you may even get a better workout. Practice these uber-efficient tips and tricks at the gym this week to maximize the productivity in your exercise.
- Fuel up and hydrate. Don’t let hunger pangs get you down. Have a light snack prior to any workout – say, a banana or some nuts – to fuel you through and ensure you don’t need to end early to settle your stomach. Hydration is important too; the more you hydrate, the more efficient your workout will become.
- Go at the right time. Avoid rush hour (read: after work at 5pm) as often as possible so all equipment is available right when you need it. Waiting in lines for cardio equipment or weight machines can waste some serious time. Better yet, head to the gym in the morning or midday to take advantage of calorie-burning aftereffects that last the whole day through.
- Set concrete goals, and plan ahead. Plan out your cardio and write down the strength goals you want to max out at the gym today. Heading over with set goals in mind keeps you motivated and on track throughout the entire session. It’s easy to get distracted in a crowded gym; a slew of people, music, and so many machine options can make you feel dazed. By setting goals ahead of time, you go in with a plan in mind to accomplish key steps quickly and efficiently.
- Avoid phone distractions. Put your phone on “do not disturb” mode or, better yet, leave it in your locker. Texts, calls, and Facebook notifications can seriously interrupt your workout, wasting time and energy. Eliminate distractions by going phone-free for the hour you’re there.
- Choose moves that target multiple muscle groups. While sit-ups and push-ups are great for building strength, targeting multiple muscle groups simultaneously will seriously increase your impact (for instance, lunges with an overhead press) and decrease your time. For cardio, perform interval sprints or hills on the treadmill rather than going at one speed for the full 30 minutes. And always time your rest – what feels like a quick 60 seconds between moves could easily turn into 4 or 5 minutes if you aren’t cognizant.
How do you stay efficient at the gym? What keeps you on track to accomplishing your goals?
Seen above: Earth Shoes Jericho
You may have noticed the days are getting shorter. The sun sets just a tad bit earlier each day, and if you’re an early riser, you’ve probably noticed that it’s darker when you wake up now. As much as it may not feel like it with raging hot temps and high noontime sun, cooler weather is on its way.
The transition to fall is always a gradual and enjoyable one. You eventually begin trading shorts for white jeans once the sun goes down. Perhaps you start throwing a light sweater in your bag to avoid the early morning chill on the way to work, and Friday night bonfires in the backyard start to feel immensely enticing.
Come the end of September, depending on where you live, you may start to feel that little chill more often – and suddenly you’re rocking jeans more often than not, and your sandals are relegated to a box at the back of your closet for months on end.
Seen above: Earth Shoes Wanderlust
The change in seasons opens up a whole new realm of fashion that can’t be beat. Shorts, t-shirts, and flowery summer dresses switch out with denim pants, sweaters, scarves, cute socks, and best of all, beautiful boots and flats.
We can’t help but be excited for fall shoe season to arrive. Tall, knee-high leather beauties grace our presence; adorable, accented shorties make any outfit look ultra fresh and fashionable. And there’s no brand we look to more to provide us with comfortable, beautiful fall boots and flats we need than Earth Shoes.
Earth has started releasing their boots, flats, and other closed-toe shoes, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. In gorgeous reds, blacks, browns, and other hues, these boots match with every one of your favorite fall outfits, gracing them with an added oomph of style. With the classic, comfortable footbed infused into every pair of Earth Shoes, you know that the versatility and all-day-wear-ability can’t be beat.
Seen above: Earthies Essen
Slip into a pair of Earth boots this fall as you enjoy the changing of the leaves, crisp apple cider, and gorgeous orange pumpkins that grace this amazing season. Wear short boots with a pair of your favorite denim pants tucked in, a chunky sweater up top. Grab some ankle booties to wear with your favorite sweater dress, or pair with a flowy cotton swing dress. Add cute flats to a knee-length skirt and blouse combo. The opportunities are endless!
Shop the newest Earth Shoes today and get ahead of this autumn’s trends.